Maybe Family Movie Night Means a Little Bit More...
Cindy Lou Who knows that the Grinch hates Christmas but she wants to know why. As she tries to help the Grinch and discover the real meaning of Christmas, the crazy old Grinch tries to ruin every part of Christmas he can. Find out who succeeds with their plans and how they can change things in Whoville for good with this Family Movie Night Activity.
Movie Snacks:* The Grinch eats things from the garbage, like old fruit and onions. You could serve up good fruit and vegetables, or even onion rings, to munch on rather than garbage.
* The baby Grinch eats the Santa plate instead of the cookies on it. You can make and eat up all the Christmas cookies, since he won't. Make a couple varieties so everyone has their favorite!
* The Grinch has to try all the different flavors of Who-Pudding, fruit cake, and fudge. Make some of your own, then let each family member add a special ingredient or two so you can take turns guessing what was added.
* The Grinch gets to carve the Roast Beast at the end of the movie. Enjoy your own 'Roast Beast' or just pick up a few 'Roast Beast' sandwiches before the movie starts.
Must Pause Moments:
* When the Grinch wraps up Cindy Lou like a gift, take a minute to wrap a few presents yourself. You could make it a contest even. Grab a few boxes of similar shapes and sizes and see who can wrap theirs the fastest!
* Cindy Lou visits some older ladies in town to find out more about the Grinch. She records the interview and you could too. Get a tape recorder or video camera and take turns 'interviewing' each other about Christmas traditions and other favorite holiday experiences.
* When all teh Whos join hands and sing, stop the movie and join hands with your family and sing a verse or two of your favorite Christmas song.
* The Who's have some really crazy hair styles and outfits. Get dressed up in your crazy Christmas outfits and do your hair up in bows, curls and braids so you can look like a Who yourself.
* Make a Santa plate of you own...just don't let anyone eat it instead of the cookies. Decorate a paper plate with cutouts and stickers or even get ceramic plates and paint them or decorate them with vinyl.
* The Grinch undergoes a drastic change in this movie. Have each family member draw before and after pictures of the Grinch so you can see the results from every one's perspective. Remember to include the different sizes of his heart.
A great family movie night is easy when you use a ClearPlay DVD player and filters. Never again will you have to stumble around for the mute button on the remote or fast forward through questionable scenes.
Just set the player to skip the content you decide you don't want to watch, then sit back and enjoy the show in a seamless playback.
At ClearPlay we LOVE movies. Check out some of the great titles we have and bring Family Movie Night back HOME!
Search This Blog
Movie Quote of the Time
"It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there-fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends and girlfriends, old friends."
We are excited to introduce the ClearPlay Movie Moms & Film Fathers- a select group of bloggers chosen to represent ClearPlay around the blogosphere through posts, giveaways, and fun movie themed events. Interested in joining the ClearPlay Movie Moms or Film Fathers? Send us an email to email@example.com and let us know!
Got a movie you want us to review before you potentially waste your time on it? Let us know and we'll watch it for you and let you know if it's worth seeing. Got a movie in theaters you can't decide if you should go see or wait for it to be filtered? We'll preview it for you and give you the thumbs up or thumbs down. Just leave us a comment with your request.